Company Description: The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra (CSO), which also performs as the Cincinnati Pops, is one of America’s finest and most versatile ensembles. With a determination for greatness and a rich tradition that dates back over 120 years, the internationally acclaimed CSO attracts the best musicians, artists and conductors from around the world to Cincinnati. With new commissions and groundbreaking initiatives like LUMENOCITY, One City, One Symphony, and the MusicNOW Festival collaboration, the Orchestra is committed to being a place of experimentation.
As Cincinnati’s ambassador , the Orchestra has toured extensively, sold millions of recordings, and reaches millions more annually through radio and television broadcasts. As Cincinnati’s own, the Orchestra’s impact extends far beyond CSO and Pops concerts at Music Hall to the schools, places of worship, and neighborhood centers of a vastly diverse community. The Orchestra also elevates Cincinnati’s vibrant cultural scene by serving as the official orchestra for the Cincinnati Ballet, Cincinnati May Festival, Cincinnati Opera and Cincinnati World Piano Competition.
Position Summary: In this highly collaborative role, the Marketing Project Manager will work internally and externally to help achieve the dual objectives of retaining and growing audiences and ticket sales during the CSO’s planned transition period for the Music Hall renovations. In addition to excellent project management skills, characteristics of the ideal candidate include adaptability, curiosity and intellect. This minimum two-year position will report to the Vice President of Marketing.
- Work cross-functionally to develop, plan and execute strategies for audience retention, engagement and acquisition during the Orchestra’s period of displacement for the Music Hall renovations
- Help establish suite of subscriber benefits/incentives for transition period
- Develop easy-to-communicate solutions for parking, wayfinding, etc. to ease transition into temporary performance home
- Assist with developing and executing strategies designed to help ensure an excellent audience experience
- Plan, develop, manage and maintain talking points, FAQs, video scripts, and other communications vehicles geared toward various constituencies to help ensure a seamless transition
- Maintain unique email address/hotline for transition questions
- Assist with planning and organizing tours, meet your seat events, and other events that deepen engagement and create excitement
- Leverage temporary downtown location at the Taft Theatre to help develop new audiences and audience experiences
- Leverage return to renovated Music Hall to generate new audiences and excitement surrounding the CSO, Pops and its related product lines
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements, Skills, Background:
- At least 2-3 years experience in music, marketing, communications or related field with proven track record of results; non-profit or performing arts experience a plus
- Excellent project management skills, and verbal/written communication skills
- Ability to see the big picture and new opportunities, while managing details
- Shows initiative to work independently, and proven effectiveness in working collaboratively and cross-functionally
- Thrives in an extremely fast-paced environment and can process information on the fly
- Ability to represent the CSO in a professional manner in the community
- Innate curiosity, willingness to learn, and emerging leadership skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- Some knowledge of classical and/or choral music preferred.
The CSO celebrates diversity! We are an EEO/M/F/D/V Employer.
Please send cover letter, resume and hourly compensation requirements to:
Amanda Flick, Human Resources Manager
Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra
1241 Elm Street
Cincinnati, OH 45202
Or via email at: email@example.com
Please put “Marketing Project Manager” in the subject line.
No third party applications will be accepted.