Company Description: The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra (CSO), which also performs as the Cincinnati Pops, is one of America’s finest and most versatile ensembles. With a determination for greatness and a rich tradition that dates back over 120 years, the internationally acclaimed CSO attracts the best musicians, artists and conductors from around the world to Cincinnati. With new commissions and groundbreaking initiatives like LUMENOCITY, One City, One Symphony, and the Music NOW Festival collaboration, the Orchestra is committed to being a place of experimentation.
As Cincinnati’s ambassador, the Orchestra has toured extensively, sold millions of recordings, and reaches millions more annually through radio and television broadcasts. As Cincinnati’s own, the Orchestra’s impact extends far beyond CSO and Pops concerts at Music Hall to the schools, places of worship, and neighborhood centers of a vastly diverse community. The Orchestra also elevates Cincinnati’s vibrant cultural scene by serving as the official orchestra for the Cincinnati Ballet, Cincinnati May Festival, Cincinnati Opera and Cincinnati World Piano Competition.
Position Summary: The Accounting Clerk provides a variety of administrative and clerical work for the Finance Department, assisting with overall accounting functions. Under general supervision, performs a variety of detailed accounting duties in accordance with standard accounting procedures and verifies data for completeness and accuracy. The Accounting Clerk daily responsibilities are often quantitative in nature and typically require use of computerized data management and analysis systems. This position provides assistance in maintaining a variety of financial transactions and records; compiling information and preparing reports and/or summaries.
- Provides overall accounting for the CSO, subsidiary, and partner organizations
- Completes accounting functions in accordance with established standards, policies and procedures
- Prepares, reviews and enters daily cash receipts and prepares invoices as needed
- Review, code and enter vendor invoices into the accounting software
- Prepares vendor payment checks for mailing and files supporting documentation.
- Participates in monthly general ledger reconciling and closing
- Participates in daily mail opening/check log procedure
- Enters annual budget and projection information into the accounting software.
- Assists with grant preparation as required.
- Maintains department calendar of activities, due dates and vacation dates.
- Prepares and files various Federal, State and Local governmental reporting and payment forms on a regular basis
- Analyzes general ledger activity and proposes adjustments, as needed
- Completes special projects and miscellaneous assignments.
- Maintains and assists with company postage machine
- Assists accounting personnel, human resources, controller and the CFO as needed.
- Maintains all corporate documentation, correspondence, insurance, grant, and financial files in an orderly systematic manner.
- Provides backup coverage for reception as needed.
- Ensures the work area is clean, secure and well maintained.
- Participates in the annual audit(s) as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
Reporting Relationship: The Accounting Clerk reports to the Accounting Manager.
Qualifications: This is an extraordinary opportunity for a professional accountant with a minimum of two plus years of accounting experience. Other qualifications include:
- Experience with accounting software, such as QuickBooks or similar software
- Experience with Microsoft software products with a heavy focus on Excel
- Detail oriented individual with a high level of accuracy
- Cooperative attitude and willingness to learn and assist others
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and to manage time in order to meet important deadlines
- Ability to work autonomously and solve problems with minimal supervision
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Capable of discerning and maintaining confidentiality of information
- Ability to organize, evaluate, and present information effectively in writing and verbally
- Nonprofit experience preferred
Compensation and Benefits:
The Accounting Clerk position garners a competitive salary. The CSO offers generous benefits including; medical, dental, long term disability, life, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, health savings account, 403(b) participation and employer contribution, and the opportunity to work for a financially stable nonprofit organization.
The CSO celebrates diversity! We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity, Minority, Female, Disabled, Veteran Employer.
Please send cover letter and resume to:
Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra
1241 Elm Street
Cincinnati, OH 45202
Or via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please put "Accounting Clerk" in the subject line.
No third party applications will be accepted. No phone calls please.