Company Description: The CSO is a dynamic ensemble of some of the world’s finest musicians. The CSO is the umbrella organization for the Cincinnati Symphony and Cincinnati Pops Orchestras, presenting more than 100+ concerts and events annually. A thriving organization with a growing support base of audiences and contributors, the CSO is the cornerstone of the Cincinnati arts community and an anchor cultural institution in Over-the-Rhine, with additional summer performances at Riverbend Music Center.
The fifth oldest symphony in the United States, the CSO has achieved international critical acclaim and an operating budget that consistently places it among America’s top 10 orchestras. The CSO serves as an ambassador for Greater Cincinnati to the world through national and international tours and an extensive Grammy-winning recording catalog, with over 10 million recordings sold worldwide. At home, the CSO was rated #1 in customer satisfaction and value among all Greater Cincinnati arts and entertainment venues, according to a 2010 independent study conducted by Northern Kentucky University.
Position Summary: The Assistant Orchestra Personnel Manager provides administrative and operational support to the Director of Orchestra Personnel. This position serves as the secondary contact with all musicians of the Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra, CSO Production Staff and with the Music Director. The Assistant Orchestra Personnel Manager is a representative of management and fulfills the duties of the Director of Orchestra Personnel in his/her absence.
* Assists the Director of Orchestra Personnel in administering the Master Agreement including the management of all Orchestra services; start and stop times, breaks, attendance and string seating.
* In coordination with the Director of Orchestra Personnel manage the preparation and posting of string seating charts.
* Manages the hiring of all string substitute / replacement musicians. Engages extra musicians as assigned by the Director of Orchestra Personnel
* Manage the tracking of sick leave absences on a database.
* Assists the Director of Orchestra Personnel in the execution of all auditions according to the Master Agreement. Serve as the Audition Coordinator in organizing and maintaining all applications and rÃ©sumÃ©s, communicating the time and date of the auditions to external and internal candidates and the audition committee in a timely and accurate manner.
* Fulfills the duties of the Director of Orchestra Personnel in his/her absence or with split orchestra services.
* Manages the assignment of Pops jackets and Pops shirts and maintains all records.
* Manages the posting and distribution of all schedules, memos and other official communication.
* Manages mailbox and locker assignments as well as obtaining Orchestra musician ID’s.
* Assists the Director of Orchestra Personnel in the preparation of foreign and domestic tours. Compiles and distributes information packets as well as collects, verifies and coordinates returned information. Assists with other duties as assigned.
* Represents management at all times to the musicians.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: A bachelor’s degree in Music or Arts Administration is required. Experience in orchestra personnel management support or the equivalent combination of education and experience is strongly preferred. Must demonstrate initiative, strong problem resolution and organizational skills, and be able to participate successfully in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment. Strong communication and interpersonal skills are necessary. Must be able to observe a high level of discretion and confidentiality at all times, possess the ability to handle multiple priorities in stressful situations and be able to work days, evenings and weekends as required. A demonstrated proficiency in PC network environment and experience with Microsoft Windows, Word and Excel is required.
The CSO celebrates diversity! We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity, Minority, Female, Disabled, Veteran Employer.
Please send cover letter, rÃ©sumÃ© and compensation requirements to:
Walt Zeschin, Director of Orchestra Personnel
Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra
1241 Elm Street
Cincinnati, OH 45202 Or via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please put “Assistant Orchestra Personnel Manager” in the subject line
No third party applications will be accepted.