The part-time Communications Assistant effectively assists the Communications Department with graphic design work, website management, coordinating video and photo shoots, gathering and distributing press materials, sending concert and event information for calendar listings, managing bulletin boards, and assisting with writing and social media management. This position reports to the Director of Communications, and also works with the Digital Communications Manager and the Vice President of Communications. The CSO Communications Department works closely with staff across all the organization’s departments to ensure best-in-class communications throughout.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Create and edit images and pages for website use
• Write copy for features or columns in program book
• Enter and layout articles and other content from program books into Content Management System (CMS).
• Layout 2-3 articles in InDesign for monthly Magazine-style program book
• HTML Support for CMS and Emails.
• Digital file management
• Coordinate video and photo shoots (logistics, scheduling)
• Fulfill photo requests
• Archive digital files including photos, articles and videos
• Day to day management of public relations tracking software and reporting
• Assisting with press release distribution
• Assist with streamlining inter-departmental processes
• General clerical support for the Communications Department
• Attending department meetings and reporting on current projects
• Perform other duties as assigned
Ability to work a regular schedule consisting of up to 20 hours per week, preferably Monday, Wednesday and Friday
• Excellent communication and organization skills
• Experience with Photoshop, InDesign and HTML. Illustrator a bonus.
• Experience shooting or editing video preferred
• Experience with a CMS (WordPress, Drupal) or updating a blog a plus
• Knowledge of social media platforms
• Microsoft Office experience
Please send cover letter, resume and link to portfolio or blog via APPLY or to:
Please put “Communications Assistant” in the subject line.
No third party applications will be accepted.