How to Join the CSYO
Congratulations on taking the first step in auditioning for the Cincinnati Symphony Youth Orchestras (CSYO). Please read all information carefully.
The CSYO program includes the Philharmonic, Concert Orchestra, and Nouveau Chamber Players. Acceptance into any ensemble depends on the strength of the applicant pool and is based on season repertoire.
If selected for a CSYO ensemble all musicians are expected to attend regular rehearsals and are required to attend all mandatory rehearsals and performances. The orchestra season runs September through the end of May including a performance on Memorial Day. Before submitting an audition application please refer to the season calendar and make note of mandatory rehearsals and performance dates.
• Premier youth orchestra for musicians in grades 9-12, performing masterpieces from the standard orchestral repertoire
• Rehearses 2:00-5:00 pm Sunday afternoons at UC College-Conservatory of Music
• 2018-19 Tuition is $450 and $400 per additional sibling
CSYO Concert Orchestra
• Full orchestra for musicians in grades 7-12, focusing on fundamentals of orchestral musicianship and repertoire
• Tuition: $400 and $350 per additional sibling
• Rehearses: 7:00-9:00 pm Monday evening at Sycamore High School
CSYO Nouveau Chamber Players
• Chamber ensemble that engages and fosters talent in African American, Hispanic and LatinX middle and high school string students
• Rehearses Wednesday evenings and performs regularly in the community throughout the season
• Admittance into this program requires acceptance and participation in either the Philharmonic or Concert Orchestra
2018-19 Nouveau Chamber Players Season Calendar
All auditions will be held at Walnut Hills High School. If you are using GPS to assist you please use the address listed below.
1501 Jonathan Avenue
Cincinnati OH 45207-1403
1.Use Lot D located on Jonathan Avenue
2.Enter at the double doors with CSYO sign
1.Sign in at the registration table
2.You will submit any necessary paperwork
3.Your photo will be taken
4.You will be directed to the warm-up room
1.Check in with the warm-up room monitor
2.You will remain in the warm-up room until called
3.There are no private warm-up rooms available
1.All auditions are a maximum of 10 minutes and are screened
2.Students must bring 2 copies of their audition piece
3.Once your audition is completed you will be taken back to the warm-up room
4.Water fountains and restrooms are located on the first floor near the entrance. There will be some seating available for parents.
5.Audition results will be announced on or around August 25, 2018