This award recognizes two K-12 music educators for their excellence in the field and includes $250 in scholarship for Professional Development.
Congratulations to our 2021 CSO Music Educator Award recipients:
Matthew Jenkins, King Mills Elementary, General Music/Band/Choir/Marimba Ensemble
Jennifer Green-Hatcher, LEAP Academy, General Music
The awarded music educator demonstrates:
- Dedication to the growth of all students in the classroom
- Establishing an inclusive and safe environment for students
- Inspiring creativity and music learning through unique lessons, experiences and/or projects
- Overcoming exceptional challenges in the classroom
- Advocating for music and arts education
- For 2021, the CSO aims to recognize music educators who successfully and creatively navigated the unique challenges of the 2020-2021 school year amongst the COVID-19 pandemic.
To Submit Entry:
Application for the 2021 CSO Music Educator Award will open on March 15, 2021 - June 1, 2021. Applications can be completed to nominate a colleague or on behalf of yourself. The application calls for basic information, followed by a personal narrative and letter of support.
Previous award recipients:
2020, Beth Miller, Director of Choirs at Winton Wood High School