The REignite Workshop on April 15th has been cancelled. Please contact us if you have questions and stay tuned for rescheduled or new workshops.
Connect With Us!
The CSO wants to get to know you in order to support and provide opportunities for learning and collaboration. Our events and continuing education opportunities are intended to engage and inspire teachers with relevant topics, applicable learning and fun. Through our free workshops, events and network communication, we hope to build a long-lasting relationship with the educators in the region.
Our Educator Workshops are always free and eligible for CEUs. We develop them to address topics of interest as indicated by educator feedback and suggestion. Additional Educator events are planned throughout the year to stay in touch with the CSO.
Resources for Learning at Home
Beginning March 18, we will release a daily learning activity for at-home music lovers of all ages. Be sure to check our social media for the announcement each day or find recommendations for other online resources through our Educator Network Facebook page. Have ideas for educational content you'd like to see?Let us know
Artswave Edition of Mindful Music Moments
We are excited to be a partner for the launch of the ArtsWave Community Playlist by The Well and Mindful Music Moments/Poetry. Sign up to get free access to daily listening of classical music & mindfulness!
CSO Music Educator Award
This award recognizes a K-12 music educator for their excellence in the field and includes $500 in scholarship for Professional Development.
Congratulations to the 2020 CSO Music Educator Beth Miller, Director of Choirs at Winton Wood High School
The awarded music educator demonstrates:
- Dedication to the growth of all students in the classroom
- Establishing an inclusive and safe environment for students
- Inspiring creativity and music learning through unique lessons, experiences and/or projects
- Overcoming exceptional challenges in the classroom
- Advocating for music and arts education
To Submit Entry:
The award application submission period is now complete and will be available again in the 2020-2021 season.
Upcoming Educator Events
PUBLIC MASTERCLASS: Sun April 19 | 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm at UC College-Conservatory of Music
Observe or apply to perform in a Violin Masterclass with CSO Artist-in-Residence Guy Braunstein. Applications are open through April 10 for violinists age 25 and under, apply here.
Admission is free and seating is first come, first served. CEU letters are available for music educators who attend.
The Mindful Music Moments Leadership Forum on May 16th will be rescheduled for Fall 2020. More updates to come in the future.
- Educator Appreciation Night at the CSO, February 2020
- Workshop(s): CSO at OMEA 2020, January 2020
- Workshop: Simple Physics of Tone Production with David Eccles, Hal Leonard, November 2019
- Workshop: Vocal Wellness with Katie Davidson, M.A. CCC-SLP, September 2019
- Summer Social at Fretboard, August 2019
- Workshop: Self-Care Day, May 2019
- Workshop: Conducting Master Class with John Morris Russell, March 2019
- Educator Appreciation Night at the CSO, November 2018
- Workshop: World Instruments and Roots of Rhythm with Dr. Craig Woodson, September 2018
- Summer Social at Rhinegeist, July 2018
The CSO, through membership in the League of American Orchestras and the Greater Cincinnati Alliance for Arts Education (affiliate of the Ohio Alliance for Arts Education), works to advocate for continued access and support to arts education for students in Ohio.
As part of the GCAAE's advocacy efforts, we are collecting belief statements for arts education to be shared as an advocacy tool with state representatives. To share why you value the arts in Ohio, complete the belief statement form below.
Educator Events Gallery
For questions about Educator Workshops or Events, contact Becky Spiewak at email@example.com or 513.744.3347.