BEETHOVEN'S LAST QUARTET
November 15, 2019 | Music Hall, Wilks Studio
No longer on sale
Beethoven:String Quartet No. 16
Philip Marten: Passacaglia
Ewazen: Trio for Flute, Horn and Piano
Mendelssohn: String Quartet No. 4
Stefani Matsuo, violin
Gabriel Pegis, violin
Christian Colberg, viola
Ilya Finkelshteyn, cello
Philip Marten, violin
Eric Bates, violin
Rebecca Barnes, viola
Daniel Culnan, cello
Boris Astafiev, bass
Randolph Bowman, flute
Elizabeth Freimuth, french horn
Kimberly Russ, piano
Rebecca Kruger Fryxell, violin
Chika Kato Kinderman, violin
Stephen Fryxell, viola
Matthew Lad, cello
VenueMusic Hall, Wilks Studio
- Written less than a year before he passed, Beethoven’s String Quartet No. 16, Op. 135 is the last completed major work ever penned by the composer.
- CSO First Assistant Concertmaster, Philip Marten’s Passacaglia presents a modern interpretation of the musical form which originated in the 17th-century.
- A Trio for Flute, Horn and Piano uncovers a spectrum of moods for Julliard composer Eric Ewazen.
- Mendelssohn’s fourth string quartet demonstrates the power of writing for the player, not just the instrument.
- Tickets are only $40. Want more? A subscription to all four Chamber Players concerts is just $136.