ALPHA & OMEGA
March 12-14, 2021 | 2 pm & 7:30 pm | Music Hall
No longer on sale
Mozart’s first and final symphonies bookend this all-Mozart weekend.
WOLFGANG AMADEUS MOZART: Symphony No. 1 in E-flat Major
WOLFGANG AMADEUS MOZART: Piano Concerto No. 17 in G Major
WOLFGANG AMADEUS MOZART: Symphony No. 41 in C Major, Jupiter
Louis Langrée, conductor
Conrad Tao, piano
Ticket PricesFrom $14
Concert DurationApproximately 78 minutes with no intermission
- Welcome! We’re excited to see you in-person at Music Hall. These concerts will be socially distanced, limited capacity and will adhere to all safety protocols.
- Pianist Conrad Tao plays with “probing intellect and open-hearted vision” (The New York Times) which will be on full display in Mozart’s Piano Concerto No. 17.
- Fun Fact: Mozart’s pet starling learned to whistle the opening melody of the Piano Concerto’s third movement!
- Mozart’s exuberant and youthful First Symphony was completed in 1765 at the age of eight. A notable four-note motif from the second movement can also be heard in the finale of the Jupiter symphony, Mozart’s final symphony composed twenty-three years later in 1788.
- Create your own Mini Mozart Festival with these additional all-Mozart programs: Traveling with Mozart, New Crowned Hope and Portal to Romanticism.