LANGRÉE & GERSTEIN: IMPRESSIONS OF FOLK
January 29-31, 2021 | Music Hall
No longer on sale
Pianist Kirill Gerstein plays with “uncanny delicacy and gnashing power” (New York Times) as he joins the CSO in its triumphant return to public performances.
GEORGE WALKER: Folksongs for Orchestra
DMITRI SHOSTAKOVICH: Concerto No. 2 in F Major for Piano and Orchestra
ZOLTÁN KODÁLY: Galántai táncok (Dances of Galánta)
Louis Langrée, conductor
Kirill Gerstein, piano
Ticket PricesFrom $14
Concert DurationApproximately 75 minutes with no intermission
- Welcome to Music Hall! This emotion-packed concert weekend marks the CSO’s return to live public performances. The concerts will be socially distanced and limited capacity, and will adhere to all safety protocols.
- Dmitri Shostakovich’s Second Piano Concerto was written as a birthday gift to his son, Maxim, in 1957. Fun fact: Maxim conducted the CSO on two occasions.
- Walker’s Folksongs for Orchestra explores the moving melodies of four African American Spirituals.
- Kodály’s Dances of Galánta is a virtuosic orchestral gem that highlights dynamic range starting slowly then building into frenetic, roaring energy.
- As part of our commitment to access, $10 first-timer and Pay What You Wish tickets are offered for the Fri/Sun performances by calling 513.381.3300. Student Access tickets are $15 and available through online checkout.
Watch It At Home
This concert will also be livestreamed at cincinnnatisymphony.org/live, the CSO's YouTube channel and the CSO's Facebook page on FEB 26 at 7:30 pm. View the CSO & Pops Digital Concert Series page for more details.