PORTAL TO ROMANTICISM
April 23-25, 2021 | 7:30 pm & 2 pm | Music Hall
No longer on sale
With urgency and passion, Mozart opens the door to Romanticism.
WOLFGANG AMADEUS MOZART: Symphony No. 25 in G Minor
WOFLGANG AMADEUS MOZART: Bassoon Concerto in B-flat Major
WOLFGANG AMADEUS MOZART: Symphony No. 40 in G Minor
Louis Langrée, conductor
Christopher Sales, bassoon
Ticket PricesFrom $14
Concert DurationApproximately 85 minutes with no intermission
- Welcome to Music Hall! These in-person concerts will be socially distanced, limited capacity and will adhere to all safety protocols.
- Symphony No. 25 was written in “Sturm und Drang” (Storm and Stress) style which is characterized by emotional extremes, and was a precursor to Romanticism.
- Both Symphonies 25 & 40 were written in a minor key—quite unusual for the time—and are referred to as “Little G minor” and “Great G minor” respectively.
- CSO Principal Bassoonist Christopher Sales won the Aspen Music Festival and School 2008 Woodwind Concerto Competition performing Mozart’s Bassoon Concerto.
- Create your own Mini Mozart Festival with this additional all-Mozart program: New Crowned Hope.