TRAVELING WITH MOZART
March 13-14, 2021 | 7:30 pm & 2 pm | Music Hall
No longer on sale
This all-Mozart weekend features violinist Melissa White and pieces from Mozart’s European enlightenment.
WOLFGANG AMADEUS MOZART: Symphony No. 31 in D Major, Paris
WOLFGANG AMADEUS MOZART: Violin Concerto No. 3 in G Major, Strasburg
WOLFGANG AMADEUS MOZART: Symphony No. 38 in D Major, Prague
Ticket PricesFrom $14
Concert DurationApproximately 75 minutes with no intermission
- Welcome to Music Hall! These in-person concerts will be socially distanced, limited capacity and will adhere to all safety protocols.
- Our first stop is Paris. Mozart’s lyrically joyous Symphony No. 31 saw its premiere at the 1778 Concert Spirituel which, according to Mozart, was met with applause in the middle of the performance.
- Violinist Melissa White’s “brightly cast timbre” (Chicago Tribune) shines in the bouncy melodies of Mozart’s Strasburg Concerto, named after a dance melody which appears in the final movement.
- Our final stop is Prague. Mozart’s Symphony No. 38 is a sophisticated showcase of Mozart’s musical prowess reflecting on the composer’s time in the city.
- Create your own Mini Mozart Festival with these additional all-Mozart programs: Alpha & Omega, New Crowned Hope and Portal to Romanticism.
This concert is part of the MAC (Multicultural Awareness Council) concert series. More details.