SCHUMANN: Paradise and the Peri
About 2 hours, 10 minutes with intermission
This concert is part of Series 2
- The story follows a peri, a being of both celestial and earthly origins, who makes three sacred attempts at the gates of heaven.
- The music has been described by the legendary conductor Sir Simon Rattle as "the great masterwork that you haven't heard."
- Schumann’s oratorio was an instant success and put his name on the international scene. What's an oratorio? We're glad you asked.
- Conductor Paolo Bortolameolli is a gifted musician with a natural ability to share and talk about music. See his TED talk in the Media Gallery below.
- Free streetcar rides: The Cincinnati Streetcar is free the entire day of SAT DEC 7. Park anywhere along the route and ride to the Music Hall stop.