LULLY: Le Bourgeois gentilhomme Suite
DAVID LANG: man made
SEBASTIAN CURRIER: TRACK 8 [World Premiere, CSO Commission]
BEETHOVEN: Symphony No. 8
About 1 hour, 50 minutes with intermission
This concert is part of Series 2
- Sō Percussion takes the CSO stage after a provocative performance at the 2015 MusicNOW Festival.
- Known for using uncommon items as instruments, Sō Percussion performs a suite from Lully’s comedy-ballet and moves through the breakage of David Lang’s man made.
- Louis Langrée and the CSO set out to create the music of the future with a world premiere by Sebastian Currier.
- Beethoven's light-hearted Symphony No. 8 is an entertaining complement.
- Music For All: $10 first-timer tickets and Pay What You Wish discounts available for the Friday evening performance.
- Sat Apr 4: Continue the fun at CSO Night/Light, a post-show cabaret-style performance featuring Sō Percussion. Separate ticket required.
Explore our Spotify playlists for this concert and for the entire season.